Bankruptcy Debtor Education Disclosure
Second Bankruptcy Course, LLC (Second Bankruptcy Course) is required to disclose the following to you:
- Approval: The United States Trustee has reviewed and approved Second Bankruptcy Course’s Personal Financial Management Instructional Course. The United States Trustee has neither reviewed nor approved any other services that Second Bankruptcy Course provides to debtors.
- Course Fee Policy: For an individual or joint bankruptcy, the cost of the bankruptcy debtor education course is $15. The fee is the same regardless of the course delivery method selected, Internet or telephone. Payment can be made by debit card, credit card or prepaid card. No additional fees are charged for the generation of the certificate upon the successful completion of the course.
- Refund Policy: If requested, Second Bankruptcy Course will provide refunds according to the following guidelines: (1) If a person completes the course and a certificate is requested and issued, no refund will be provided; (2) Otherwise, a refund for the amount paid less a $5 fee for expenses incurred will be issued. A refund must be requested within 30 days of payment.
- Debtor’s Inability to Pay: Second Bankruptcy Course provides its approved instructional course to debtor students without regard to the student’s ability to pay the fee. Please view Second Bankruptcy Course’s fee waiver policy for debtors who are unable to pay: http://www.secondbankruptcycourse.com/fee-waiver.php.
- Debtors with Limited English Proficiency: Second Bankruptcy Course offers its instructional course in Spanish as well as English. Debtors who are not proficient in either English or Spanish should visit http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/de_approved.htm for assistance in obtaining a course in his/her native language.
- Instructors’ Qualifications: The Second Bankruptcy Course instructor that will be delivering your bankruptcy debtor education is an experienced and trained professional. Instructors either hold a teaching certificate or have been certified as a personal finance counselor by a third-party organization.
- Referral Fees Prohibited: Second Bankruptcy Course does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for the referral of customers to Second Bankruptcy Course.
- Course Administration: In order to take the course, the debtor student must provide a valid bankruptcy case number. All debtor students must remain within the course and its content for a minimum of two (2) hours and successfully complete a Final Test covering course content. Second Bankruptcy Course is not responsible for any client-side technical problems or challenges. These include but are not limited to the basic understanding of how to operate a telephone, computer or mobile device; the compatibility of your telephone, computer, or mobile device with the course; the availability or speed of any Internet connectivity; and the use of any necessary software applications or programs.
- Certificate Issuance: A debtor will only receive a certificate if the debtor completes the bankruptcy debtor education course. Upon debtor’s completion of the course, Second Bankruptcy Course will promptly provide a certificate of course completion to the debtor student. If requested, Second Bankruptcy Course may also provide debtor’s attorney and /or bankruptcy judge/trustee with copies of the certificate, as well as any other required information gathered during the counseling session. In the absence of such a request, the debtor student, and not Second Bankruptcy Course, is responsible for providing a copy of the certificate of completion to their attorney and/or the court.
You may contact us at any time if you have any questions or concerns.